Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Epiphone Emperor Swingster

Thread: Epiphone Emperor Swingster

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epiphone Emperor Swingster

I hadn't played an Epiphone in years when my friend Doobie Brother John McFee showed me this guitar, brand new with the tags in the case and the Bigsby bar still in its plastic bag.

I couldn't believe how well it played and was astonished when I looked up the price. It's amazing to me how much you can get for relatively low money these days.

2. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to have one of those.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that one has exerted its pull on me, too -so far, I have resisted successfully!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very cool!
    John McFee is one very talented musician. I bet we've seen only some of his range when on stage with DB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Very cool!
    John McFee is one very talented musician. I bet we've seen only some of his range when on stage with DB.
    Just a tiny portion of his talent. Tig. Check out his wiki page when you get a chance and be impressed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McFee He's a great guy as well and a joy to play music with.

8. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Epiphone "wrote the book " on semi hollow/hollow body electrified guitars. They have been doing them since the 1930s. I have a 335 and a Sheraton, and I like the Sheraton better as an all round player. It is no surprise that the latest efforts are sweet guitars.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.