Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hi All

Thread: Hi All

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi All

I just joined up a here a couple of days ago. I'm a late 50's boomer. I am a gear head that is constantly chasing tone even though I have found it. I've played in bands for the last 20 years. I am a founding member of the Tonebenders out of Central Florida and we have been together 6-7 years. Les Paul's and semi-hollow 335 style guitars are my preference but I was raised on a Telecaster so they are special as well. I use only tube amps. I have several but currently I am using a Mesa Express 5:25. I have not had it long and I am still dialing it in. I use pedals sparingly and have always had a TS808 on the board while others have come and gone.

Other activities include motorcycles. I am a second generation biker, even my mom rode her own. My wife rides her own Harley and we try to get out on Sundays with our friends to ride and catch some live music.

Life is good.

2. Likes Tig***, poodlesrule liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Tonebender! Sounds like you are of an age (and beard color) of a number of us here at the Fret...
    It's always a good day when you can end a post with 'Life is good'!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, you'll fit right in here!

Glad to see new faces around here. This is a friendly place, we deserve more fame!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome, tonebender! Nice to have you on board.

I'm a second gen motorcycle rider as well, but we all grew up on dirt bikes, riding the wooded trails of East Texas. I later got into road but gave it up when my son showed up.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to thefret, Tonebender!

Gee, do I know you from somewhere...?!!?
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

What's up poodlesrule! Yeah I joined up over here a few days ago. Just checking it out and broadening my horizons.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jeff! Good to see you here as well as AGF.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.