Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
NGD - Beautiful Jay Turser

Thread: NGD - Beautiful Jay Turser

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD - Beautiful Jay Turser

So we went to see my wife's cousin over the holiday and he's a cheap guitar accumulator (CGA) and has about 15 acoustics he's picked up at garage sales for less than $50 each, but he also has a few electrics. He got a Jay Turser, and a Crate amp for $85 since the amp was sometimes working sometimes not and the kid had lost interest. He bought them just for the guitar. The plug was loose from the back of the amp, and since he pushed it in tight hasn't had a problem with it. My son saw this guitar and had to have it, so I bought it for $85 (wife's cousin still has the amp so he's happy with a basically free amp), I sold it to my son for $90 since he didn't have any money to buy the guitar yet. Hey, $5 carrying charges, right? A little hard to tell from the picture, but it's tiger strip red with a pearly pick guard. Plays super nice, better than my son's Squire Strat, which he sold to his brother for $90.

DSC01130 by Retro Hound, on Flickr
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooh, purty!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, the glory of a cheap guitar!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, if it plays half as good as it looks, it's a keeper!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, it's super nice to play.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001