Thread: Marcus Miller and Fender part ways?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marcus Miller and Fender part ways?

The 2nd most popular Fender Jazz bass of the last 8 years at least is no longer listed on the fender web site.
    Marcus Miller sig. is no longer listed WOW wonder what went down.....Time to shoot out and email.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

They did and the new MM V7 is the result gas inducing!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's a pretty big development. I know that bass was huge and well regarded. Any news on why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty big development. I know that bass was huge and well regarded. Any news on why?
    Marcus wanted to release a bass that was more attainable for more players. What he calls a bass for entry level players a bass far better than the price paid. His new basses (V7 & M3) has specs better than his Fender bass albeit being made in Indonesia may run some folks off not I. The 4 string goes for $399.99 to $499.99 and 599.99 for five string bass. Marcus seems to be in a middle of shaking up his endorsers his signature strings are now with Dunlop.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/mar...r-super-bright

http://http://marcusmillerbysire.com...marcus_v7.html
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I used the DDR Marcus Miller strings on my bass. I'll have to look into the Dunlop ones before restringing.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why he had not sat down with Fender and talked about a nice Squier version. We all love the quality of the CV series. I am sure that Fender is able to reach the price point, too.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi75 his new bass even comes with a bone nut pretty high end for Fender Squire I am going to get one and I'll report back.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

The Sire's I've seen over at talkbass look to be fantastic examples for the money.

Although I have to say I just bought a used Squier 5-string Jaguar bass: full scale size, a good active circuit, and a great neck. VERY playable. For $200..!! I'd gig it for sure.

Basically I'm trying to say that my expectations are this: I want the Cadillac for the Pinto price. And this CAN be had. So when I'm looking at a new Sire I think "wow, that's looks great and seems to be a good value". But then I think "I wonder if I could something just a good for less??" LOL.

Not sure if I'll get a Sire but competition is good for bass players. I'd like to see more if it, getting tired of "new" P and J basses.
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255