Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Roland blues cube amps

Thread: Roland blues cube amps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roland blues cube amps

http://www.rolandus.com/blog/2014/07...e-guitar-amps/

Roland Blues Cubes are back in 60W ($699) and 80W($899) offerings. USB connectivity for ease of recording. 2 channels......Clean and Crunch; Reverb; 4 Power Scaling options (max, 45W, 15W and .5W). The 80W version also has Presence, Tremolo and and effects loop not available in the 60W version.

A bud was just at NAMM 2015 and he kept remarking how great the Blues Cubes sounded and that they were an excellent platform for pedals too.

Sounds like a sweet amph but the price point seems a tad high?

Anyone feeling any love for these?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd love to try one out. The demo's I've hear sounded nice. The price does seem a bit high so I can wait.

Besides, I'm GASing for the Fender '68 Custom Princeton Reverb.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a new one with a special device to duplicate Eric Johnson sounds. It's called the Tone Capsule and to me it sounds quite fantastic, of course with such a legend I guess it can only sound incredible

Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I believe that the Eric Johnson Tone Capsule is an expansion you can buy to plug into an existing Roland Blues Cube Artist 80. If so, others will likely be made later.
    I'm guessing the standard Blues Cubes 60 won't have this option.

Even this guy manages to get the EJ tone at 2:10

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Um, maybe I should have ignored this thread because the more videos I watch, the better this amp sounds.
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BCArtist

The clean alone is drool worthy.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the CLEAN was excellent and then the Crunch side sounded pretty darn good too. Plus, in contrast to the Roland XL series, you don't have a bunch of amp sims that you aren't going to use. You have CLEAN or stages of Crunch.......or you can take the great CLEAN and add your own OD/Boost pedals to flavor it up.

Getting GAS.

Post Thanks / Like

The Blues Cube is a great sounding amp. I remember plugging in with almost no expectations and I was just very surprised by what came out of this device. I think the 60w version is even loud enough for gigging. The EJ modulation sound pretty close.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I'd love to try one out. The demo's I've hear sounded nice. The price does seem a bit high so I can wait.

Besides, I'm GASing for the Fender '68 Custom Princeton Reverb.
    The 68 series is awesome! I've played both, the Princeton and the DLXR and both were pretty cool. The 10" of the Princeton sound big. I tried it with a Way Huge Green Rhino and the sound was pretty inspiring.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard this amp at NAMM, demonstrated by Alex Hutchings. Sounded cool I admit.

I had a great chat with him after. Told me some stories. A really nice guy.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the older BC-60 amps. Great cleans. One of the best S.S. Amps I've played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

When I first started back playing guitar (2002), the guy at House of Guitars in San Antonio talked me in to a Blues Cube 30. Being the idiot that I am, I never cared much for the amp, not realizing that it wasn't the amp, it was moi! Fast forward 14 years and I'm still a crappy player, but I've learned to appreciate the amp much, much more. I play it often although my main amp is a 2001 MIM Blues Junior (cream board) that I'm just getting ready to mod as described on the BillM website. Not letting go of either amp although I know that the secret to making each of the sound better lies with me, not the amps. Someday...maybe - but I'm running outa time; turn 70 this December!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

It's never too late Rick!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.