Thread: New Splawn Super Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Splawn Super Sport

What's up friends! Happy 2015. It's been awhile since checking in.
    Still gigging like crazy in an acoustic duo and 5-piece variety cover band.
    I found a nifty low-wattage Marshall type amp that absolutely rocks! I tried a 15w Marshall DSL, which has a great clean channel, but I did not like the gain channel.

So, I picked up a Splawn SuperSport, 22w, 6V6s.

2 channels, each with it's own volume, and a shared EQ section consisting of treble, mid, bass and presence.
    Clean channel is wonderfully CLEAN...all the way through the dial, while the overdrive channel actually has 2 modes. Splawn calls them Gear 1 and Gear 2, plus a boost for each, all foot switchable. Another nice feature is a loop volume on the back of the amp, which functions like a built-in attenuator for lower volume playing.

Build quality is top shelf.

Anyway, here's a little clip, going from plexi type tones to more hot-rodded territory.

Post Thanks / Like

Splawn has a brilliant reputation and the sound I hear in your clip just manifests this. Sounds like a good ole Marshall but more articulate and tighter in the mid and bass frequence.

Congrats!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)