Thread: Quilter mach 2 amps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quilter mach 2 amps

Quilter just debuted their new Mach 2 amps at NAMM 2015. These will eventually replace the MicroPro line.

The GAS line forms to the left.

From their website:

"CHANGES IN THE MACH-2 MICROPRO (Outlined by Pat Quilter)

Aside from the more conservative black-and-gold cosmetics, the main upgrades to the Micropro Mach 2 are:
    --We re-organized the signal flow to make Ch 1 the main, full-service channel, and Ch 2 the Aux/Mic channel.
    --Ch 2 may be used for aux inputs, or it may be used as a Clean preset for Ch 1 (using optional footswitch).
    --All effects, boosts, voicings etc still apply when using Ch 2 as a clean preset.

Within the main guitar channel:
    --We added two built-in overdrive pedals to the Boost function, "Cream" for a smooth tube-screamer type effect, and "Crush" for a full-on fuzztone. With these you can preset a clean/dirty sound using only the main channel.
    --We added two voices to the output Voice selection, "Smooth" for a Santana-style singing overdrive with enhanced harmonics, and "Lead" for a full-crunch British style lead sound. "FullQ" continues to provide a smooth EL-84 type overdrive, "Brown" provides a glassier 6L6 type breakup, "Surf" adds a mid-scoop for the classic California sound, and "Tweed" continues to represent a small, vintage open-back amp.
    --We added a Tremolo Depth control (so you now have Depth and Rate)
    --We added a Reverb Tone control (dark and mellow on the left, bright and splashy on the right). To reduce confusion, the reverb now applies to the overall sound of the amplifier (no more Reverb Path control).
    --We added our three-way EQ knob to the Aux channel, so you can preset a different tone when using it in the Clean mode.

We also made an all-out assault on noise floor, and have reduced high gain noise by about 12dB, using the latest ultra-quiet premium opamps and some classic textbook tricks to further reduce noise. Cabinet construction has been revised to a front-mounted speaker, for greater strength and reduced possibility of air leaks.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quilter are interesting - I saw them at NAMM but didn't try them. Seem expensive, but perhaps they are worth it?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.