Thread: Tubescreamer Mini

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tubescreamer Mini

Oh no...did you hear about that mini TS-808?
    Already visualizing that small guy on my pedalboard :-)

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_e...53&effect_id=2
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

It's clearly in the mood of today's small pedals like the excellent Xotic
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the trend at the moment is smaller and smaller pedals, isn't it?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that's the trend and I like it. More space in the board, cheaper prices, economical approach, no difference in sound. My only mini pedal is the TC Spark and it's awesome - I love and prefer the mini design.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

The only drawback is the pedals fly around easier.... being so small and light. There is not much weight to them so velcro or something is needed. Not a problem for those who always velcro their pedals to their pedalboards of course!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Velcro, and I think that also the asymmetric order of the jacks gives these mini pedals more stability. I really kick the TC hard and think it doesn't behave different than normally sized pedals. Don't know how other methods than Velcro work though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few of these interconnecting plugs. If you have pedals that are the same height, with the input in the same spot, these are killer! It makes a long row of pedals sturdy as well - they become like one unit. However, we are not always that lucky with the fitting, with a variety of pedals... I only have a couple that are the same housing style. Some of my pedals have inputs on the top, some on the side, the Ibanez has its input at different height than another pedal, etc... BUT, when they fit, they are truly awesome.

I bought mine at www.GuitarFetish.com

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 3.44.44 PM.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Mini
    http://youtu.be/46rYY2HiOlw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Mini
    http://youtu.be/46rYY2HiOlw
    Some good comments there on YouTube. Doesn't give you the chance to put pedals above the Wah, because you still have to place your entire foot on the pedal ;-( Further, no price advantage, it's supposed to be more expensive than the regular version. I see a weight advantage...my Fulltone Clyde is heavy...