Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
32 Years Old

Thread: 32 Years Old

Post Thanks / Like

Default 32 Years Old

My how time flies. I just finished some neck adjustments and new strings and snapped a quick photo of my now 32 year old Kramer Pacer Imperial.
    My dad bought this guitar for me in 1983 after fulfilling a promise to stick with the instrument on a guitar that was worse than an Esteban. Both he and the guitar are still around but I think the
    Kramer has aged a bit better. Seriously, Kramer must have used some kind of embalming process on their guitars (or maybe it was the New Jersey air surrounding the Neptune, NJ factory) because it's lived a pretty hard life and still looks almost new.

Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

2. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You ain't kidding! It does still look almost new.
    Nice job of preserving it while still enjoying it.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

For a moment there, Stingx, I thought you were going to try to tell us that YOU were 32...
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    For a moment there, Stingx, I thought you were going to try to tell us that YOU were 32...
    32 wasn't that long ago for me.
    I may grow old but I'll never grow up!

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Was this guitar featured in a vid you posted featuring you and a band you were in playing a college party? I think it may have been. If so, post that sucker again. That was a fun vid and it would be cool to see this awesome vintage guitar in its younger days!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Was this guitar featured in a vid you posted featuring you and a band you were in playing a college party? I think it may have been. If so, post that sucker again. That was a fun vid and it would be cool to see this awesome vintage guitar in its younger days!
    LOL! Your memory is pretty good, sir. That would be the same guitar. I only had that guitar and one other for a long time but the Kramer got the most play time from '83-'95. Then it was put away for a while and even stupidly sold to someone. I was lucky enough to get it back around '05-'06.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

What I find to be very cool is the fact that the Schaller's are made in West Germany.

-Pete

9. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    LOL! Your memory is pretty good, sir. That would be the same guitar. I only had that guitar and one other for a long time but the Kramer got the most play time from '83-'95. Then it was put away for a while and even stupidly sold to someone. I was lucky enough to get it back around '05-'06.
    Awesome! So we need a link to that vid again for Friday! Perfect Friday stuff! Post it!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, since I was just listening to CCR here's some Fortunate Son circa '91

-Pete

12. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    Ok, since I was just listening to CCR here's some Fortunate Son circa '91

Nice!! Thanks and happy Friday!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

-Pete