Thread: Bass Players on The Fret Roll Call!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Players on The Fret Roll Call!!!!

Who all plays bass among the Fretter's?
    Full Time, Part Time or just to break the Guitar drama?

Full time Bass Player!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I started out on a terrible acoustic in late grade school. In high school I switched to bass and really enjoyed it. I wanted to play electric guitar but my folks didn't like that idea. When I finally got out of school I bought an electric. Overall, I am first and foremost a poor excuse for a bassist who is trying to become a even poorer excuse for a guitarist.

I've only played bass on stage, although I did play acoustic once at church. Bass feels more natural to me.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Boom. Any time I can play bass, I will.

I play at church a fair deal and occasionally get called on to play lead guitar because for some reason there aren't any people in church who can play an electric guitar, but if there's not a huge gap at guitar and a logjam of bassists, I still pick bass every time. On that note, I have also played drums a few times at church.

I also play bass full time in my band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Part time bassist here. I also play acoustic/electric; electric; b-bender; lap steel; slide guitar. And keyboard/piano; drums & I sing as well. However, I haven't played out in a band situation in over a year due to extreme health issues with my heart after having a stent put in back in March of this year in Atlanta.

My what you might term, "first comeback gig", is scheduled for the first weekend in October at the local folk school festival that my area has every year. I'll be playing guitar - however, I wish that the bandleader would allow me to stretch out a bit and play some piano/keyboards to "fill out" the sound of just an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar and a bass.....but, of course, that's all that Elvis had when he started in '54 so...who am I to complain?? LOL

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tony, bass rocks!

I play a bit of bass for my backing tracks, but my bass doesn't intonate so good, which bugs me.

Stay healthy.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.