Thread: Palmer D.I. box - Bonamassa signature model

Post Thanks / Like

Default Palmer D.I. box - Bonamassa signature model

I am considering to buy a speaker simulating D.I. box. It shall give me a good sound without being recorded with a microphone, further I want to have the same sound on every stage and not being dependent on the soundguy and his set of mikes. Does anyone here have experiences with such a device? I know the Palmer 03 was very popular....
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have experience but have a look at Two Notes Torpedo too.

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I remember reading something about the Palmer can accept a speaker-level signal, right? So you take your power amp output, run it through the Palmer, and then into your cab? I thought that was pretty nifty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered the Bonamassa Sig Palmer box. The Two Notes Torpedo looks great but at almost 500€ for the small pedal version I was questioning the investment....need to be wise with the money spending, as I am after an original 1956 Les Paul Special. Anyways, I will report once the unit arrived and has been tested thoroughly.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to your review. I need something like that too.

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.