Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Binghamton Ferryboat

Thread: Binghamton Ferryboat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Binghamton Ferryboat

Another place from my youth all but a memory. Great place for food/dancing/drinks on the Hudson River. Took many dates here. The place was still running until 2007. Here's what it looks like now...

ALL ABOARD!!!
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

THAT was still running in 2007!!! Did you mean 1907??!!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! The ferry was neglected but two storms really did her in - Irene and, especially, Sandy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bingh...28ferryboat%29

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    LOL! The ferry was neglected but two storms really did her in - Irene and, especially, Sandy.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bingh...28ferryboat%29
    I was about to ask if Sandy did this.

Cool photo, though. I bet a sepia tone version would look cool.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

The ferry remained docked since the late 60s / early 70s but was meticulously maintained and used as a restaurant afloat on the Hudson. It had an awesome dance floor and bar and was a cool place to hangout and bring dates or meet chicks. I was last there sometime in the late 90s and they had just done additional refurbishing and the place looked better than ever. Seems it all went downhill after the owner was murdered...

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I was about to ask if Sandy did this.

Cool photo, though. I bet a sepia tone version would look cool.
    Thanks, Tig. I did process this in black and white but not sepia...

-Pete

7. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess they won't clean that up until it starts to break up and become a shipping hazard!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
    I guess they won't clean that up until it starts to break up and become a shipping hazard!
    It's been locked in litigation for a few years. It was supposed to have been cleaned up a long time ago and replaced with a new floating restaurant.

-Pete