Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
FS: Mega-modified Fender Blues Junior

Thread: FS: Mega-modified Fender Blues Junior

Post Thanks / Like

Default FS: Mega-modified Fender Blues Junior

For sale is my 2003 Fender Blues Junior (standard black tolex model), which has had nearly every "BillM" mod done on it. As I began to transition from just building pedals into modifying & building amps, I used the popular Bill Machrone "BillM" mods as a learning experience. Consequently, I added many more modifications to this amp than really made economic sense--but it was enjoyable, educational, and the amp really does sound great.

For the last year and a half or so, it has been the amp I use with my church praise band--that translates to about 2 - 3 hrs. of modest volume operation per week. It's in nice shape, never abused, and has been either in my home or at my church--both smoke-free--since I acquired it in Dec. '07. I'm only selling it because I recently acquired a Hot Rod Deluxe and no longer have a need (or the room at home) for the Blues. Jr. Will hate to see it go, since I put a lot of sweat into all those mods! Will come with a brand new set of TungSol 6V6's installed.

To summarize the mods that were done, here's the list:

• Tone stack optimization
    • "Twin" tone stack mod
    • Added adjustable power tube bias control
    • Installed audio taper volume pot
    • Installed audio taper reverb control
    • Installed metal Switchcraft input jack
    • Added aux. speaker jack
    • Added line out jack
    • Added standby switch
    • Added presence control
    • Upgraded to 22W Heyboer OT with 4/8 ohm switching
    • Octal tube conversion to run 6V6 power tubes
    • Connected the unused half of V2 as a cathode follower between preamp & tone stack; changed V2 to a 12DW7
    • Upgraded speaker to Eminence Cannabis Rex

Between all of these, I believe I calculated that I put another ~$300 into the amp above what I originally paid for it. There is a more detailed rundown on the mods along with photos posted here: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/14948 Additionally, you can read about many of the BillM mods on his website HERE--mouseover the "BillM Mods in Detail" entry on the menu bar to get the dropdown list of mods.

Bottom-line: $375 with the stock Eminence speaker or $425 with the Cannabis Rex speaker. Shipping cost extra, US and Canada destinations only. PayPal payment required. PM if interested.

This amp will blow away a stock Blues Junior, and those go for $530 these days....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

DIBS to the boy from Philly.

Post Thanks / Like

I want..........PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like

** sold!! **
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; April 10th, 2015 at 11:32 AM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!