Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Modded squier strat

Thread: Modded squier strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Modded squier strat

1996 (?) squire strat 1 3/4 " body , squire standard 22 fret neck , new nut , YKE switch , fender limited edition '54 Stratocaster pickup set , removed pots , next - custom name for the headstock , really sounds good !

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how you can remove the pots. Can you school me on how this set up works? Not being a smart ***, just don't now the tech behind this set up, Thanx.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Pickup grounds hook to input jack ground , other pickup wires in , and out of switch , I also wired switch backwards .

Post Thanks / Like

So you have no tone or volume controls. How to you change the volume or tone?
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the amp for volume , and tone controls , I could add volume , and tone pots , and a kill switch , or a pedal for a kill switch , but I only play at home next to the amp , it sounds so good I have no plans to change it .

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I figured that. I only play at home as well but I do like to have the controls on my guitars. Do you find you get a "purer" sound without all the extra soldering joints, and controls? So not knowing a lot about electronics, does that mean the guitar is always on "10" and you tune it from the amp? This is one I have never heard of. I guess you learn something every day!
    Thanks.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Its like its on 11 , the tone pots & caps cut the highs , some people believe the volume pots do it to , all I know is that it sounds really good without the pots .

Neil Young's "blackie" has a switch that cuts out the pots , not sure if that includes the volume to .