Thread: Better Call Saul

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Better Call Saul

I LOVE this show!

This week I watched "RICO", Season 1, Episode 8.

Krashpad and SVL, have you seen this show? What Jimmy and Chuck are currently doing must interest you? I don't know how realistic it is (I'm no lawyer!) but it's great entertainment!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I love it. Unfortunately I've missed the last 2 episodes, so I have some catching up to do. Mrs. K doesn't like dark humor or violence so if I watch it's alone or with Krashpadito.

Robert, did you also watch Breaking Bad? It's not absolutely necessary, but if you have, then you'll know some of the characters.

If the latest episode was called RICO, as a lawyer I can tell you that's the Racketeer-Influenced Corruption Act, a federal statute originally meant to attack organize crime, but actually applicable whenever a plaintiff can establish a "pattern" of multiple wrongdoings which are federal crimes, all carried out by the same "enterprise." Last I saw, Jimmy was beginning to work the "elder law" angle, is he going after the nursing home? (Spoilers are OK, for me anyhow.)

I think some parts of the show are fairly realistic, like the interplay between lawyers, cops, and court personnel. Obviously it's highly stylized.

Post Thanks / Like

You will love the RICO episode! It was one of the best so far.

Jimmy is picking up on why the elderly have any hardly money... he's pretty smart! He finds a big case and seems to have found a way to help is brother too in the process. The dumpster scene is killer...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Great show! I loved BB and I'm getting into BCS big time.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

This character from Breakin Bad is great it's not yet on the french channels but I would love to see it
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I watched breaking bad. I love it too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Season one of Better Call Saul was excellent!

Saul (It's all good man!) Goodman was a great piece of the Breaking Bad masterpiece. I waited till the season was almost done and then knocked off the 10 episodes in a few days. I was glad that Mike was a big part of the show, and now I'm really looking forward to Season 2!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus