Thread: Two Rock Studio Pro 35 - Demo (no talking)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two Rock Studio Pro 35 - Demo (no talking)

Hey guys,

Finally found some time for some quick licks and run through of my pedal board.

https://youtu.be/OVmFBOvzvV8
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice shoes and nice playing! Looks like Asics football shoes.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you liked the amp, too ;-))
    Shoes are Onitsuka Tigers (Martial Arts Shoes).
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Great sounding amp. It handled all of the pedals/effects that you threw at it. Nice playing too.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, great sound, great playing! thanks for taking the time to give us a listen to that amp, Jimi.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Yeah it takes pedals well, but with a 1x12 it's sometimes tricky cascading pedals, because it can bring the amp to its limits. I really like the midrange I get with the overdriven sound, it still reminds me of an old 50w Marshall.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Two Rock Studio Pro 35 - Demo (no talking)

How did you record it? Sounds like the demo would benefit from a close mic? Sorry for being picky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    How did you record it? Sounds like the demo would benefit from a close mic? Sorry for being picky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just with my iphone :-) Had no time to mic it this time, but I'll do a mixed demo sometime later...

Post Thanks / Like

Great sounding amph. And a great playing, too. Can you tell me about the plexiglass shield around the amp? We have some favourite gigs that are very small and wondering if we could get better amp sounds with some shielding. Thanks for sharing this.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Yeah, great sound, great playing! thanks for taking the time to give us a listen to that amp, Jimi.
    Thanks TJ! The baffle is made by Clearsonic, who also produce Joe Bonamassa's shields. It's not diminishing the volume but it keeps the direct volume/frequency blast away from the audience and the other mics. This allows you to run your amp at a volume that gives you the sweetspot sound without interfering with the overall stage mix. Further the baffle doesn't change your sound, actually I do not really notice a difference in sound except of the fact that it is way more comfortable to play with the Plexi than without it.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice sound Jimi, the Clearsonic baffles seem very expensive for a piece of plastic !. Just buy some hinges and drill some holes into some clear plexiglass...simples

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guitartango View Post
    Nice sound Jimi, the Clearsonic baffles seem very expensive for a piece of plastic !. Just buy some hinges and drill some holes into some clear plexiglass...simples
    Nahhh, it's not just plastic. I think the quality is very good and especially the connection between the single elements is not just some hinges. I was lucky enough and the Baffle was sponsored, but I would have paid every single penny for it.