Thread: NPD! Tech21 RK5 FlyRig

Post Thanks / Like

Default NPD! Tech21 RK5 FlyRig

Received today. Wanted to stop lugging an amph everywhere. Guitar> RK5> PA. Thats it. No fuss. Here's the blurb from Tech 21: http://tech21nyc.com/products/sansamp/rk5.html

Set it up tonight at practice. Was blown away with the quality of tones this little box has. More to come later.
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Anwesome pedal. Have checked it last year. Seemed very tiny, but was sturdy built. Sound quality was convincing, especially the overdrive's Plexi sounds were very organic.

Congrats!!!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I've been interested int hose for a while now, but nobody carries them in my area so I can't try one out.
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...ghlight=flyrig

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The more I play this thing is the more I'm liking it. The OD from the OMG is warm and organic, and the boost nails that body in the solos. I've set the SansAmp to the edge of breakup and kick in the OMG for a little more in the choruses. Roll down the volume on the guitar, kick out the OMG and kick in the DLY with SansAmp for the verse section....sweet. Next, run it through an amp, see what happens.

I need this... its nice... no.. it's awesome to have a great, reliable sound in such a small footprint.
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Gigged with this every weekend since.
    Thoughts: When running straight to PA, the level on the sansamp is usually about 9:00, and the low (bass) is set really low... 7-8:00. Its a relief to go to smaller churches and not have to set up an amp, just run through the PA. Reliable tone, this is a great unit. For bigger stages though, I'll lug an amp. YMMV.