Thread: Barbershop Millenium Overdrive

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Barbershop Millenium Overdrive

Posted a new demo today. I really like this one.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the sounds and versatility you get from this. Saw other very positive reviews. May have to invest. Nice that it's made right next door to us hear in Ontario -- made in Quebec. Will be a nice addition to the board, not big, not too expensive and will keep my Diamond Compressor (another good Canadian product) company.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

It's really different than a tube screamer! Much more versatile. Unique in my opinion. It's nice to have low gain pedal that doesn't colour too much. Then you can stack with others if needed, or just to use with an amp with some gain on it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Best overdrive I've heard in a long time.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks jimi.

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk.

Post Thanks / Like

well, it's on order. Just across the border so shouldn't take long. Will report back.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, hope you like it as much as I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Liking this pedal a lot now after using it for a few shows. Had to kick off the FullDrive2 but happy with that for the moment. The Barbershop is probably the most transparent pedal I've had. Really doesn't colour the sound, which is what I was looking for. That transparency doesn't make it ideal for everything, slide for example. But I have a BD2 Waza that works great for slide. And a Sparkledrive that really likes Tele pickups. So pretty happy with the board, at least until the next thing comes along. Thanks, Robert, for the useful review. I guess Fairfield Electronics would say thanks, too.
    Barbershop on this tune:

https://app.box.com/s/7ym1w70xzbvawfyub5xn5i6friki7f1k
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear. Have you tried stacking it with a booster or other OD pedal? It stacks very nicely!

Nice tone on that recording! Yeah!