Thread: Line6 Helix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line6 Helix

Line6 has announced its new modeller, the Helix. Seems that they're going after the AXE-Fx, Kemper and Eleven Rack users. Maybe its an upgrade from the Pod HD500X. I use my Eleven rack all the time, but at home. I also really like the M9. I'll be interested to see the reviews when this comes out. Comes in a floor and rack model. Price seems to be 1499.00 MSRP.

Line6 page (no affiliation)
    http://line6.com/helix/

Sweetwater Video (no affiliation)
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Helix

Last edited by Monkus; June 18th, 2015 at 06:12 AM.
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to say but I didn't like the sounds. Kemper and the Axe FX play in another league, although I don't like them either. Played a Kemper once...

Anyways, I was one of the first to gig with a Line6 amp (Flextone 1). Still got that amp, still sounds amazingly natural. After that all the Line6 crunch and distorted sounds were changed and didn't convince me anymore. The Helix seems to be programmed after the same "bad" software genetics.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Line6 Helix

It looks very impressive. Love the design! As for the tones, I think one has to test it in person in order to properly judge.

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.