Thread: ABB classic and a very old Fleetwood Mac tune

Post Thanks / Like

Default ABB classic and a very old Fleetwood Mac tune

Here's a couple from a good night recently. Small place was busy, had to put the Zoom much further away from the band -- back of house recording you might say. Audience noise is loud but at least they were appreciative. Share them regardless of the audience noise as I think energy and performances are decent. Feedback welcome as always.

You Don't Love Me
    https://app.box.com/s/t8qj7w6h5py43u018wtn3dk9vdzuj8kh

Need Your Love So Bad
    https://app.box.com/s/7ym1w70xzbvawfyub5xn5i6friki7f1k
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man....great stuff. Really smoked that ABB tune considering all the jagged rhythms. Slide solo towards around 4:00 mark was really nice.

Good job on the Fleetwood Mac tune.

You guys are definitely a FUN band.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 - yeah, you guys sound great!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Yeah, we are both ABB nuts. Gonna try Blackhearted Woman next. Now that the band is gone, seems appropriate to pick up some more of their one of a kind stuff. Good Warren Haynes interview in the current GP in which he talks about the band as well as his upcoming album. Interesting reading.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice, Helliott! Impressive all around. As an aside I'm amazed at those little Zoom recorders. The situation was less than ideal, but the recording turned out quite nice.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the Zoom. Oh yeah, I liked your sound on Need Your Love So Bad with the Barbershop OD. Great stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Yep, those zooms are ounce for ounce a very solid investment.
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

As usual nice playing there ! I love your tone in the Fleetwood Mac number you really dig the Peter Green Lespaul sound do you play out of phase pickups ?
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Jipes. That's actually my partner James on the LP and yes he has that pickup upgrade done by a guy in the states, known as the Peter Green sound. The mdidle solo is my Strat using the Barbershop.
    helliott in Hamilton

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! When do you tour Alberta? Wanna see you live and maybe jam a tune with ya!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that would be a blast. Unfortunately the economics don't quite add up at $100 per guy per night, plus a coupla draughts and food. Think we'd run out of dough about Wawa. And if you've ever been stuck in Wawa (as I was one day in nearby Schrieber) you know that's a prospect to be avoided. But it sure would be good to do the old stompin grounds out there and to jam with you.

... on second thought, great to tour Alberta, but I'd pass on Lac La Biche. Did a gig on a flatbed trailer at a truck jamboree one weekend back in the 80s. Not pretty, gotta say.
    helliott in Hamilton

12. Likes Robert**** liked this post