Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't Give Up Jipes Band new album

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't Give Up Jipes Band new album

Hi Fret Members,

I want to share with you the good news a new baby born it's name is Don't Give Up a brand new album to celebrate our 20th Jubilee as Blues Band. We recorde it on a time span of 2 years due to time constrains and disponibility of our guest. Indeed it's a piece of history since we invited guest which were part of our Band or collaborated with us over this long period of twenty years.

11 tracks mainly covers of songs which were part of our repertoire for years and some new songs. we have also two originals: one blues song "Southbound" of me and "Spleenitude" a tribute to Claude Demet our deceased friend which recorded our first album in 2011.

Hope you'll like it 3 songs are free to listen on our web site boutique. I hope to soon offer a digital version on our Bandcamp account

dontalbum2.jpg

Below is a teaser of the recording sessions

https://youtu.be/muKZM70lau4
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

I'll definitely be checking this out.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I'll definitely be checking this out.
    Thanks Marnold
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

C'est super, vraiment! Really This Sounds so professional and true, it's great that guys like you keep the blues alive! You know I'm still hoping for a meet and a nice gig together :-)
    I will buy your album!!!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    C'est super, vraiment! Really This Sounds so professional and true, it's great that guys like you keep the blues alive! You know I'm still hoping for a meet and a nice gig together :-)
    I will buy your album!!!
    Thanks a lot jimi, coming from an excellent musician like you it's really touching ! I would be very happy if we could hook together and share the stage for a gig ! Thanks again for the support !
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the teaser video. My French is absolutely hopeless so I had to rely on Google's mishmash of a translation of your site. It seemed like the only way to order was in Euros. Should I just wait for the digital version for ordering from this side of the pond?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great Jipes. Looking forward to the album.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I watched the teaser video. My French is absolutely hopeless so I had to rely on Google's mishmash of a translation of your site. It seemed like the only way to order was in Euros. Should I just wait for the digital version for ordering from this side of the pond?
    Hello Marnold, sorry for the lack of english instructions We don't really have an international destination. I thought that you could pay by credit card in this cas you'll pay in euros and your bank will do the conversion isn't it ? Same if you have a Paypal account ! When I set up teh boutique they didn't allow me to ask for different currencies
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    Sounds great Jipes. Looking forward to the album.
    Thanks Helliot ! The album is now available and soon as well as a digital download on our Bandcamp account
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Sounds terrific, Jipes! Congratulations! And you covered one of my favorite Ry Cooder songs...!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot TJ Curtin, I would love to do more Ry Cooder stuff, we also play on stage "Smack Dab in the Middle"
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Jipes.....really enjoyed the compilation on YouTube. Sounds great.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the sound and playing! Well done, you have a great thing going there.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Nice job Jipes.....really enjoyed the compilation on YouTube. Sounds great.
    Thanks a lot, we are really happy by the feedback of this new album. Everyones seems to have a blast with our new CD

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Love the sound and playing! Well done, you have a great thing going there.
    Thanks Robert, the set-up was pretty simpla two telecasters, one Fender like boutique amp from a friend of mine and a tube screamer with a touch of tremolo from the amp and a slice of delay from teh pedal and here we go. It's pretty basic but that's the way it sound the best for me
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

By teh way the digital album is present there if you want to support us

https://mojotrio.bandcamp.com/album/dont-give-up

If you buy the download the album and want the graphics I'll be happy to give them freely
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    By teh way the digital album is present there if you want to support us

https://mojotrio.bandcamp.com/album/dont-give-up
    Cool! I'll download it from home later today.

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome TIG
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ho! And who is playing slide on the Danelectro U3?! I bought one in a pawn shop a few months ago and really love it! I have just ordered the CD and look forward to getting it, Jipes - really nice playing on that teaser!

Ted
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Oh ho! And who is playing slide on the Danelectro U3?! I bought one in a pawn shop a few months ago and really love it! I have just ordered the CD and look forward to getting it, Jipes - really nice playing on that teaser!

Ted
    It's a friend of us Florent Kirchmeyer a real talented guy which is mainly now playing Gipsy Jazz but he is good at whatever style he plays (Rock, Blues Reggae, Gipsy etc...). We had a ball trying to emulate each other on "One Way Out", this was a blast ! Thanks for the good words, we have been keeping it simple one or two takes and down to the bone, I guess that's the way we sound more real to what we are as a trio
    Guitars:

Amps:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast