I found a group o' musicians to jam with!

I met a singer / acoustic guitar player at church, and he introduced me to the drummer and bass player. We had an informal jam last night, just going over a bunch of cover tunes. I had a blast! Being primarily a rock player (who's played a country tune every once in a while), it's a challenge to think about music in terms of major keys. Also, the acoustic guitarist plays with a capo that's in different positions for each song, so there's transcribing on the fly. I love it! I've had to get away from looking at the dots on the fretboard and use some of that theory that I learned all those years ago.

Through these guys, I've found that there is a small group of musicians that gig around nearby towns, and earn some extra walking around money. Woo Hoo!

ADDITIONALLY, the bass player plays guitar, and we're all Fender fans. I MIGHT have a chance to play through a Princeton on our next jam session. That's pretty cool for me, since I've only played through solid state / hybrid / digital amphs. I've played a few tube amphs at GC, but never at live music volumes, without someone running over and telling me to turn down.