Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Need a noise gate? Not much room on your pedal board?

Thread: Need a noise gate? Not much room on your pedal board?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a noise gate? Not much room on your pedal board?

Well, I'll bet you can squeeze this in! It's the Joyo Ironman Series "Gate of Kahn" pedal. I ordered one off Amazon and it was delivered yesterday. Tiny, solidly built, and works just like it should. Just one control, a "Threshold" knob under the black flip-up cover--turn it up until the noise disappears but you can still hear your guitar without obvious "gating" in the signal--easy!! It doesn't have the features of a fancier noise gate, like my Boss NS-2, but it does the job--kills annoying single coil 60hz hum like a champ--and I only paid $65, delivered. True bypass, and comes with pre-cut rubber or Velcro self-adhesive pads for the bottom of the enclosure. Sweet! This one is going on my church praise band pedal board, where space is at a premium.

Check out the demo video by Shane at InTheBlues.com here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVGve2CWQME

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like a noise gate you can unknowingly inhale
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Nothing like a noise gate you can unknowingly inhale
    That was funny, Rev!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

I was using an MXR Smart Gate with the band for about a year when it just suddenly failed. I replaced it with a Boss NS-2, which does the job fine, although I did like the MXR better. I was actually thinking about adding a second gate in the effects loop; maybe I'll try the Joyo.

Thanks for the tip!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.