Thread: Fast 16th note blues lick

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast 16th note blues lick

A fast 16th note lick played over a blues shuffle. It's difficult at this speed but do try it at slower shuffles too.

It sounds modern and sophisticated to play 16th notes over blues shuffles.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Superb lick, well explained!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jimi.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing lick (how do you come up with these things?!) - maybe in my next incarnation as a guitar player...
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I come up with these things by listening to guys like Robben Ford and Scott Henderson, and spending time figuring out which fingerings work well for me. Remember there are so many ways you can play a scale, in terms of where on the neck, which fingers, on which strings, etc. That in itself is worthy of years of study, and I have done so... Put in the work, and rewards will come.

Listen to Scott at 4:56 here -

Post Thanks / Like

That is not one lick, it's about four. Excellent sir. Thanks.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

That's true - I've been working with more focus this summer on scales, arpeggios and finger exercises, notes on the neck - and you can see how quickly it does make a difference and 'pay off'.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp