So, I'm currently electric-less since about three weeks. I'm starting to miss and am thinking about getting another one. This time I'll do my research better and actually play a bunch of them before I buy something.

In many ways I liked the Hagstrom Viking that I used too have but the neck was a bit too skinny for my clumsy fingers and I wasn't quite happy with the tone. It's hard to describe what was wrong with it but I'm looking for something like what the Gretsch filtertron blacktops would sound like, or TV Jones classics... Anyways, there are two issues here, sound and wider neck. I took to the music stores today to have a look around and start my research. To my surprise (I generally don't like LP's) I found a Gibson LP Junior 2015 that sort of fits the bill. Although, as far as I understand the string spacing is the same as most other LP's, the neck is wider, almost 46mm and it's comfy. Automatic tuners are weird though but the sound is real nice.

All the 2015's are on sale pending the release of the 2016 models and this one is priced at $687 including hard case. That's a pretty good prize IMO. I also tried a bunch of Gretsch's but the necks are a bit too skinny, bodies are generally too large for me and they are too expensive unless I find a used one. I'm looking to spend $700 tops, preferably less. So to the question. Any ideas on anything else that would suit me? Remember, fat neck