Thread: The new Squier Strats

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The new Squier Strats

Know much about them? I don't. I saw this one on the squier website - it looks darn nice this model! Has anyone here tried the Satin Trans Strat?
    http://www.squierguitars.com/product...tno=0321630520
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks great! To bad it has a rosewood fretboard, I like maple boards more.
    Probably a great guitar, Squier has really impressed me lately.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

They have one of those in a local shop near me. I'm not normally a fan of natural finishes, but this guitar looks AND plays beautifully. It is a real head turner and sonded nice right off the rack.

My GAS is kicking in full tilt... I've got a feeling I'll be picking up a Squier real soon!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

That looks nice, but I want to get one of these
    http://www.squierguitars.com/product...tno=0321830538

Only problem is, it looks naked without a pickguard, and I'm too chicken to try and drill holes in the beauty. Might just have to get the black and chrome edition:

http://www.squierguitars.com/product...tno=0321603506
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like

Matt

I've been playing the Black And Chrome Strat at a store and really like it. Sounds good and plays good. Better than some of the American and Mexicans at the same store. I think if you look around you might be able to get a deal on one. They aren't selling very well probably because of the finish.
    The cool thing about them besides being awesome for the price is that with the mirror you can reflect stage lights to light up the hottie in the back of the room so you can see if she's a keeper.

I like the look of the Satin Squiers too but haven't been able to play one..yet.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I really wanted to play a Squier Strat the last time I went to the music store to play around, but I ran out of time. Don't really see a downside, though. 2 point tremolo, 22 fret necks, and cheap enough to modify extensively without coming close to the price of a MIM Strat. Fit and finish looked good on the models I saw at the music store.

Great. Now I have G.A.S. ***scampers off to beat on the music store door until they open, like a lunatic***
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I bet the b&c strat + a set of texas specials would sound and play very good.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009