Thread: NP(T)D - Maxon OD-820 Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default NP(T)D - Maxon OD-820 Pro

Have received that big green monster for testing. It is really huge!!! The sound reminds me of a mixture between a TS and a Klon - very musical, no loss of bass, kind of transparent, bu also with a beautiful mid boost. Have only tested at home so far, but I'm already considering keeping it. It seems like it could cover the ground of my Free The Tone SOV-2 and my EHX Soulfood. The only issue I might see is the enormous size and the extreme headroom/volume boost. I will update the review, once I have taken it to the rehearsal.

Any of you guys here could share some hands on experience?
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried it. But now you made me interested in FreeTheTone again...! I really liked their Red Jasper when I tried it in January.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the day I should have pick the Red Jasper instead of the SOV. That's my conclusion. Will make video review of the Maxon, seems like a wonderful pedal, way more open than the SOV.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my video review of the OD-820.
    Lots of playing, but this time German speaking as I will go for mother tongue with my new channel ;-)
    http://youtu.be/Hu3LQ28k8fc
    Let me know what you think, every input is welcome.

5. Likes shupe13 liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rob!
    It was the first filming with my new video set up :-)
    The pedal though will be returned again, the FTT is definitively more lively and true sounding - have played both against each other during rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great!

I have the Maxon 808 and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Goldtop Lester
    VOX AC30CC2
    BOSS Katana 💯
    A few other guitars and pedals