Thread: time is tight

Post Thanks / Like

Default time is tight

Trying to get a better handle on how to use my EH organ machine. Great potential but hard to handle with volume etc. Here is a recent effort on Booker T's classic tune. Any feedback appreciated.

https://app.box.com/s/k4gj2bfd64how0clyh4ojh4my69h5b5m
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    Trying to get a better handle on how to use my EH organ machine. Great potential but hard to handle with volume etc. Here is a recent effort on Booker T's classic tune. Any feedback appreciated.

https://app.box.com/s/k4gj2bfd64how0clyh4ojh4my69h5b5m
    The problem as far as I can tell is simply distortion, the organ sound is extremely distorted which probably means it is too loud at input.....so either ti=urn the volume down on the guitar itself (which should work) or on the organ machine (which I am not familiar with other than hearing about them). Also a little stereo separation could help, the clip sounded mono on my crappy computer speakers. Good luck.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I missed this one earlier. I agree with jtees4, it sounds too distorted and mono. The signal is too hot somewhere for sure. It sounds more like guitar than organ, sorry... I can also hear the pick attack. I wonder if it would sound more authentic if you plucked the chords with the fingers instead?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Appreciate the honest feedback. I am determined to master this pedal but it's a bear. For example, the guitar's volume controls have very little impact until you get to a certain point and then volume disappears entirely. I will get it right but back to the drawing board. Thanks for taking the time.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the "organ" sound is just too distorted. Maybe if you monkey around with the knobs enough you can get it smoother?