Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I'll meet Tedeschi/Trucks this Saturday!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll meet Tedeschi/Trucks this Saturday!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll meet Tedeschi/Trucks this Saturday!!!

Hey folks,

Can't believe how great 2015 is, so far! This Saturday I will interview Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks :-)
    I will link the video here of course, once it is edited!

Do you guys have any questions in mind? I will try to set up a personal interview without the typical phrases.

Greetz
    J75
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awesome! What a great band that really keeps music interesting and fresh. When people say that they don't think there is any good music anymore, I point them to the Tedeschi Trucks Band. I can't think of anything to ask other than "what musical direction or albums can we expect from the Tedeschi Trucks Band in the future?". Give them some room and they'll open up with great responses. Perhaps these recent interviews will help you keep it interesting for them as well as your viewers:

https://youtu.be/6jygK7JEDYU

https://youtu.be/C0-YS0FqmqA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tig for the link and input! I will check them and come up with my special catalogue of questions.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

He's probably answered it before, but I've always wondered why, in a world full of Strats, Teles, LP's and PRS's, Derek Trucks chose the SG as his main guitar. Nothing against the SG, but you don't see that many top-tier guitarists playing them.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool , Jimi - I know you'll do a great job given your background as a player. Have fun!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Much as I could geek out on guitar questions for Derek, I am more interested overall in how they write and arrange songs. Does he do most of the structure and riffage, do they share that?
    Who does most of the lyrics on their own stuff? What is it like to write and compose as a couple as opposed to two band members? And, as a band person, how the heck to they manage to hear everything when there is so much going on at the same time on stage. I saw them a couple of years ago, and it was amazing to me that they could communicate between themselves and with other band members with so many people on such a small (Danforth Music Hall) stage.
    Great and deserved honour Jimi. Enjoy.
    OK, one geeky question: What was it like to play Dwayne's Goldtop on one of the final ABB shows? Spooky or what?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    He's probably answered it before, but I've always wondered why, in a world full of Strats, Teles, LP's and PRS's, Derek Trucks chose the SG as his main guitar. Nothing against the SG, but you don't see that many top-tier guitarists playing them.
    All I know is he started playing them early.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Great opportunity Jimi, I would love to ask him dozens of questions but I would ask him how he first got exposed to indian music and whether he listen to mohan veena players like Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and if it had a great influence on his legato slide playing
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask him how he sets up his gear - how he finds his tone. How loud does he need to turn up his amp? What amps does he used when touring? Is he using any pedals?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    All I know is he started playing them early.
    And he was already running it through his signature Super Reverb back then! Cool pic!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks my friends! So much great input! I think Derek plays no pedals. Indian music influence will be a question, some personal stuff, too. I've watched several interviews and try to do my best. The SG topic is a cool one, also how they get there sound in an 11-piece ensemble - we will see, I think I have time for 6-7 questions so gotta choose wisely :-)

I will share the experience with you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun. Good luck!
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like an awesome opportunity, Jimi! I fear I would fall back into the old Chris Farley SNL skit: "Remember when you were in the Allman Brothers? That was awesome."
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Hi friends,

The interview went extremely awesome and Susan and Derek invited my wife and kids to join the show. We've practically spent the entire day with the band...can you imagine what great of a day this was?
    The video material is under editing and I will upload it tomorrow evening. If you wanna see a first photo you can take a look at it here:
    https://www.facebook.com/jimmysteeltown/

The guy besides Derek is our singer, who was with me that day.

15. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, Jimi - that must have been amazing!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They have been posting teaser samples of their upcoming album, Let Me Get By, on Instagram this week.
    The album details and release date should be posted on their website today.
    http://tedeschitrucksband.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they also played some new songs at the concert. Simply amazing!
    By the way, I have already uploaded the interviews to my channel and have green light to publish them by the end of this week :-)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great I'm looking forward !!!!!
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast