Thread: Just interviewed Mark Tremonti of Alter Bridge/Creed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just interviewed Mark Tremonti of Alter Bridge/Creed

Hey guys,

Just had the chance to do a video interview. I think it turned out quite well :-)
    Will share the link once I edited and uploaded. One thing though, he's a great guy who surely knows how to play great rock guitar.

For early next year there's a Bonanassa interview in the pipeline, I hope this is gonna happen finally.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I^ve really hard times to appreciate Joe Bonamassa no disrespect about his playing but well oh to say...It doesn't move me much despite the fact that he has a terrific technique
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean, but I think he does a tremendous job in keeping handmade music alive plus it should be very informative doing some gear talk with him :-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to both interviews! I'm a big Bonamassa fan. He's coming around here in the spring, but tickets this time are too expensive for my blood. Even the cheap seats are almost $100.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

I will post the Tremonti interview tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
    Bonamassa's ticket prices are tough - especially for younger people, who now might never see their hero live.

However, I am currently working on meeting Adele and last Thursday I interviewed Jordan Rudess of Dream Theater, but that was a phone interview only that I will transcript into German only. He's such a humble guy!

Post Thanks / Like

The interview is online:
    https://youtu.be/ATcXzQm6Ve4

I hope you like it :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Excellent interview! I enjoyed that. I've been a big fan of Mark's playing since Alter Bridge's first album and his new solo album sounds great.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2