Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Suhr Pro C1

Thread: Suhr Pro C1

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Suhr Pro C1

I got meself a new fiddle! It's amazing. Easy to play, fantastic sound and mojo is 100/100. I had a white Suhr Classic in the past, but it sounded thin. This one is three leagues better. I've run out of adjectives.

Suhr Pro C1 LARGER VERSION by Robert Renman, on Flickr
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!! What are the pickups?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! I thought the same thing about the pups on your old Suhr. I was surprised that you got rid of it. I thought you might just toss new pups in it. I'm sure that bridge Dimarzio (Air Norton?) isn't thin.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

My white Suhr had good pickups. I think it was just something with the body or the bridge. Not sure.

These ML pickups are just fantastic. I've got one for the bridge too, but this DiMarzio is very versatile. I will probably leave it in.

This one:

The previous owner changed the bridge pickup to a Dimarzio Tone Zone S, which sounds really good.

SPECS:
    Body Wood: Alder
    Contours: Arm, Hand, & Tummy Contours
    Input Jack: Face Jack, Chrome
    Top Color: Sunburst
    Bridge: Gotoh 510, 2P-BS-SB, Chrome
    Hardware Color: Chrome Hardware
    Pickguard: Parchment 3 Ply
    Neck Wood: Maple, Satin Finish, Tint
    Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood fingerboard
    Radius: 9" - 12"
    Neck Shape: 60's C Vintage Standard .810 - .930
    Headstock: Original, Satin finish
    Nut: Tusq
    Nut Width: 1.650"
    Frets: 22 Frets, Heavy Stainless Steel
    Logo: Decal, Gold
    Gears: Suhr Locking, Chrome
    Clay Side and Face Dots
    Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade, Plastic Parchment Tip
    Neck Pickup: JST ML, SC, Parchment
    Middle Pickup: JST ML, SC, Parchment
    Bridge Pickup: JST ML, SC, Parchment
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Robert,

Congrats to this beautiful guitar. I've just played a nice Suhr with MLs and I really liked thier mellow character. It's funny to see you have a DiMarzio in the bridge, being a huge Andy Timmons fan, I have studied the DiMarzio program a lot to find something suitable for my Strat's bridge position. Personally I liked the DiMarzio Chopper the best. The compound radius of your Suhr is a big advantage, also the tinted satin finish is very pleasing to the palms when playing. I believe that the feel of the neck is a totally underestimated part of the playing comfort. This guitar will definitely push your motivation forward by miles. Being in the market for a new Strat too, I was checking different ones over the past months. I also liked the Nash 57 with Lollar pickups and the Haar Traditional S. Have played one with a Suhr SSV in the bridge and Peter FLorance BLue Voodoos in the middle and neck - holy smoke, this was also a great combination, but unfortunately the neck was a reals baseball bat plus I don't dig birdseye maple that much.

Anyways, play her often, play her loud and enjoy!

Jimi
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice, Robert! I'm glad you found Suhr love again.

One problem... You will never need the "Tummy Contour" unless you decide to stop running and devote yourself to eating chili cheese fries and bacon laced hamburgers.

Post Thanks / Like

I get FULL VALUE out of the tummy cut on all my Strats!! I mean, why have it if you're not gonna use it, right?!?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

8. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    I get FULL VALUE out of the tummy cut on all my Strats!! I mean, why have it if you're not gonna use it, right?!?
    I've always thought of it more as a rib cage cut. The standard tele body without either comfort cut is quite uncomfortable for me to play, at least while sitting down.

Like a bag of potato chips, I too seem to be "settling" with age.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn