Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD. I really didn't mean to.

Thread: NGD. I really didn't mean to.

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD. I really didn't mean to.

I've always liked them and when one turbed up at a good price two blocks from where I live... GAS t8ld me to go. I told myself I could always flip it for somw profit. Now that I've played I want to keep it. What's wrong with me?

Hello, my name is Hampus, I suffer from GAS.

Danelectro '63 reissue. Probably a 2001 or 2002 but if anyone knows how to tell the year, please let me know.

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

2. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That looks cool. I was born in '62 and someday hope to own some sort of guitar from that year (or a re-issue). I love that era "swimming pool" blue colors Fender and others had.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice score....has an SG vibe to it's shape. Wonder how it is for slide?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Whenever I see the Danelectros I always see like a 60's setting, Miami style with surfboards and turqoise cars in my mind.

There are some very good videos on youtube with people playing slide on danelectros. I think they lend themselves quite well to that with the metallic twangy sound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice find! You won't regret it! I love my pawnshop-find Dano (a U-3 53 reissue - one year off my Bday, which definitely made it call to me!) - in fact, I like its tone better than my CV strat. It has some stratish sounds but with a different color along with some that are unique but great. It does a lovely job with slide - syrupy-clean with some chime. Plays really nicely, too, with the short scale.

I've read that the date is sometimes stamped on the inside of the control cavity, but I couldn't make out what the numbers in mine meant. I had the neck off - nothing there. The visuals are great, too - cool shapes and colors, and there is something about the look of a lipstick pup. The one thing to watch out for is the bridge - mine had sagged in the middle, a common problem; you can buy replacement bridges that are supposed to be made out of a stronger metal. I took mine off, removed the saddles, and gently hammered it flat between two pieces of leather on my workbench. Then I fitted a piece of hardwood underneath it after it was back in place, so that it wouldn't bend again. Some of the Danos had a wooden bridge, and I've read that some people feel that putting a support shim under the metal bridge increases sustain.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I'd like have one of those.

Congratulations!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. It plays really well, on par with my Fender stratocaster.

There's a sound sample here but I apologise for my poor guitar skills. Just listen to the guitar and never mind me playing it...

https://soundcloud.com/hampus-mattss...3-reissue-test

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. I love Danos. I have two modern reissues and a Jerry Jones. They have a sound of their own. Enjoy.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool looking. What are the pickups like? The neck looks rather wide, but that may just be the angle. A fast play or not? What a neat pickup. Can you post a clip perhaps?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    Very cool looking. What are the pickups like? The neck looks rather wide, but that may just be the angle. A fast play or not? What a neat pickup. Can you post a clip perhaps?
    Hey.

Pickups are great. You get very twangy sounds from the bridge while the neck will give you a surprising ammount of very warm lows. Action is quite low and it's very comfortable to play. I'd say the neck width is the same as my Fender Stratocaster but a littke bit fatter. It looks wider partly because of the angle and partly because it's shorter with only 19 frets. Samples are in the soundcloud link a few posts above and another one here:

https://soundcloud.com/hampus-mattss.../challenge-148

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Sorry for missing the link. And don`t apologize. We`re all just playin as best we can.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah