Thread: Nlsd---lap steel coodercaster

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nlsd---lap steel coodercaster

New lap steel day for me. Custom made lap steel Coodercaster.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=296907

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that is way cool! Happy new LSD! 😈

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Great Axe, I always been so puzzled by this Oahu pickup that Ry had installed on his lovely Strat it sounds so incredibly good with a great definition. To your ears Are the Lollar getting close to the Holy Graal ?
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Jason Lollar worked some major magic when he did the Supro String-thru pickups. I have heard clips of them, and they just growl when you dig in on them. Lollar did the Teisco Gold Foil neck pup too. Another outstanding pup. Cooder plays one or the other pup, never combined because the Supro pup would be out-of-phase. My builder tried out the combined phase and thought it was pretty interesting, so I will have that too.

The Supro pup might just be the baddest-*ss pup of all time.

I get the steel next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - looks so cool, especially the leopard wood! Interestingly, I was recently watching a youtube of Ry talking about his two main gits, and how the coodercaster came to be. He talks about wanting that Valco lap steel sound in his strat because he "can't play flat": check in at about 11:30 (tho the whole thing is interesting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD580_MFSAU
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TJ, I have seen that clip before. Very interesting. Really stoked about this steel.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my friend on the Ry Cooder discussion list succeed to do a perfect copy of the Cooder caster with an Oahu pickup and Teisco gold foil but those pups are really super hard to find. That's what makes those Lollar pickups so interesting to me
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface