Thread: Jazz lick & NGD

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jazz lick & NGD

Love this guitar. How's this jazz line on it?

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

2. Likes PeterPan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Kewl riff. The beginning sounds like part of a Lester Young solo from an old Count Bassie tune (Jumpin at the woodside maybe?).

Just a side note you might find interesting. Back around maybe 1974 when i lived in Staten Island, NY, I know the late great Stanley Jay of "Mandolin Bros" fame, and one day in his shop he put an original D'Angelico New Yorker in my hand. Even as a very novice jazz student at the time, I was floored by the acoustic volume and tone of this thing, even unplugged. Stanley was selling this piece for a few thousand at the time, a lot for both the era and someone my age, and he proceeded to explain that if I took out a bank loan to buy and, and paid 12% interest over 5 years to repay, I'd still be way ahead on appreciated value by then. Well I passed, but of course beyond the 5 years, I probably could have sold it for enough to significantly bolster my retirement now. But then, I'd have had it all those years and constantly been afraid to ever take it anywhere to play, and I felt that would be a terrible waste of such a good instrument. I don't think my playing was ever worthy of it anyway.

4. Likes Robert**** liked this post