Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ngd, not sure if this counts as a RI

Thread: Ngd, not sure if this counts as a RI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ngd, not sure if this counts as a RI

Hey guys! Just picked up a sweet 1993 Duo-Sonic in Arctic white. The guy had talked superb care of it, swapped out the ugly white pickgaurd for a brown tort. I'll be swapping the pickups and tuners soon. Good little project guitar.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I'm only vaguely familiar with these guitars. I know the alt-rock people seem to love them. I guess I didn't know that Fender made a 20-fret neck.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't there a recent Squier version of the Duosonic? Do these sound essentially like a strat without the out of phase tones? It is a pleasing looking guitar - like it with the tort guard.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. The body shape looks right, but I wonder when they changed from the original Duo Sonic?

I was traveling around the US in the 80s playing music and stopped back in to what you might say was my home city music store (it's just where the band landed the most often) and found my Duo Sonic hanging on the wall. It was instant love for me. She was red with a rosewood fingerboard and several sliding switches like you find on a Fender Jaguar, and she played like a dream. I got this for a really good deal...and it was a 1966.

I was such an idiot too. I put a humbucker in the bridge and eventually sold it. Shoot me!

Congrats on your new guitar and I hope you enjoy it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

5. Likes Shane_Paradis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Wasn't there a recent Squier version of the Duosonic? Do these sound essentially like a strat without the out of phase tones? It is a pleasing looking guitar - like it with the tort guard.
    Sounds more like a tele in the in between sounds. But it really has its own thing going on

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk