Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
Purty guitar - what does it sound like stock?
Barely got a chance to play it before breaking the old high E string while tightening down that trem and re-tuning. will replace it and find out more. sounded pretty good

Here is a vid that demos a variety of tones:

and here is a vid of a guy that modded his similarly to what I was thinking about doing.

I was thinking tort guard like this one. The bridge PAF from Tone2theBone is a zebra, and I was thinking black for the neck pick up I was thinking of which is the same as he has, the Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell.

Here is the Dimarzio VH PAF that I have to put in the bridge:

And something like this for the PG:

As I said, will at least deck, and maybe deck and block the trem on this one, as I plan on using it primarily for sustainy rock things. And I will do some fret end work, and oil up that rosewood real nice a few times. But overall, it looks great! The thing could be new, other than the fret end work and slightly dry appearing rosewood. Not bad but a little dry for my taste.

And @DVM, I think the PG is parchment and that is just lighting. The fluorescents in my office are really gross. But in any case, I think it is going tort. I am not a big pearloid fan. Though I could see that working if one was.