Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
NGD - some Tele love!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NGD - some Tele love!

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD - some Tele love!

She is a Road Worn Telecaster, now named Eleanor, or Ellie for short. Picked her up today. She can go from sweet and clean, to a raging, snarling, screaming beast at a moment's notice.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

2. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Classic looks!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! I remember really liking the sound of Robert's road worn strat. What pickups are in it?
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! They are Tex-Mex pickups... They sound fantastic clean, and really come alive with higher gain stuff. The neck is nice and full, and the taller frets are great. Love it!

Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Robert! Now, on to amps... I sure could use some help in that department. .. I am a huge fan of British tones, and want to go with a tube amph. Was looking at the Marshall DSL40C, as they are cheaper than the Bassbreakers, and MF has the limited edition one on sale. Played the 15 watt model and liked it.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Classic look and perfect vibe great combination Congrats !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Do you need 40W Kat? That'll be freakin' loud!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awesome! Looks great! For a British sound, what about a Vox AC 15?
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox/Cust...-Amp.gc?pfm=sp

Some good tube sounds but not requiring so much volume.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The Vox is a definite contender. Honestly, I don't need 40 Watts either. But, MF was blowing out the DSL for less than a 15 watt Bassbreaker, which is a pretty good deal. What I really want is an amp to sound like a JTM 45, but at lower power, at an affordable price... But I don't know that anyone makes anything like that at prices available to mere mortals...
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I played one of these, but it was more 'British' than I wanted - don't know how it would compare to a Marshall tone...

https://reverb.com/marketplace/amps?...ey%20cub%2012r

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    What I really want is an amp to sound like a JTM 45, but at lower power, at an affordable price... But I don't know that anyone makes anything like that at prices available to mere mortals...
    Unfortunately, that's pretty close to impossible. The JTM45 was a non-master volume amp that got most of its signature tone by cranking the volume through a KT66 output stage. Pretty much the same deal with the classic Marshall Plexi's, but now you're talking even more power and EL34s. Even if some amp design wizard could somehow duplicate that tone with EL84s or 6V6s, you're still dealing with a non-MV amp that will need to be cranked and thus very LOUD!! To get close to that tone at reasonable volumes, you're probably looking at some kind of modeling amp....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

It does figure that I would want the near-impossible *smacks forehead*. So it's now down to the Bassbreaker 15 watter, the Vox AC15, and the Laney Cub... I've played the Vox and the 7 watt Bassbreaker, and liked them both as well, for different reasons. Just to throw in a curve ball, I think the 68 Custom Princeton Reverbs are cool, too, with the earlier breakup and Celestion speaker, but it's on the edge of the budget.

Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    Just to throw in a curve ball, I think the 68 Custom Princeton Reverbs are cool, too, with the earlier breakup and Celestion speaker, but it's on the edge of the budget.
    Yeah, if I could buy a more expensive amp, I think that would be the one. Or maybe the '65 because I like the sound of the jensen speakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRRzuqIxMa0 Here is Jim Campilongo comparing his vintage 68 with the new one - at one point he says, "It sounds Marshallesque".

Post Thanks / Like

HOLD UP! Just saw the Blackstar HT 20 studio can be had for $549 at Sweetwater. Two channels, with the ISF knob that that will go from American to British tones. This just might be what I am looking for! Any opinions on these amps?
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

How did I miss this? That's a nice looking Tele! I think those would be pups I'd like too. My only caveat for amps would be make sure you play through an AC15 before buying one. From everything I've heard, they are mind-bendingly loud for an amp that small.

I've never played through a Bassbreaker, but if something would ever happen with my amph, they would be very high on the list as a replacement.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the Bassbreaker I tried. I'd say that's one of the better options for price. It sounded very Marshall-y to me.

I would also recommend you check out this little "head". I have one, and it's a fun little thing for practicing. You just need a good cab.

$88.99 at Best Buy.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Marnold! The pups are great! They take high gain really well, and just sound great. if you're a Jumbo fret kinda guy, you'd like the narrow jumbos on the neck. They're tall, but not quite as wide as a normal Jumbo. I like them quite a bit. In fact, it was cranking the little 7 watt Bassbreaker that convinced me that this was the guitar to get. Just for giggles, I played a $1,749 American Strat with Vintage Noiseless pups in it, and didn't like the tone at all, although it was probably one of the prettiest Strats I've ever seen. Tried a couple Les Pauls, and a 335 Studio too, and this Tele just spoke to me.

I've got a buddy that I'm going to go jam with this week that has a vintage Silverface Princeton, and 1966 Blackface Champ, along with a new Bassman. I'm excited about trying the old Champ out. I hear those can be some snarly little amphs.

Maybe I should just get the 15 watt Bassbreaker. Sheesh, talk about being in GAS vapor lock!
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

20. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like the idea of those Bassbreakers. Though it would be a little much for my needs, the 18/30 2x12 looks really cool too.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast