Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Tuner for my new guitar!

Thread: Tuner for my new guitar!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuner for my new guitar!

Hey folks

So I have just bought a new Yamaha Acoustic guitar... And I am now looking to buy a new tuner for sale...I bought one for ten and it was a joke! there are loads on the market... i want a decent one....there are clip on ones to hand held ones....apps for phones... Any suggestions on the types other people use would be good! Something that is robust and gives an accurate reading. I have tried some apps to be fair and some are not bad , its just I don't want my phone near me when I am playing the guitar as It is my down town and Facebook buzzes and people calling.... so a digital tuner will suffice. There are some brands i have checked out: KORG, BOSS, Planet waves universal to Snark. I have to say Snark seems like it's coming out trumps I found a great Snark guitar tuner classified ads which is combined with a metronome! Thought that was cool! Accuracy of course is what any one wants. And some of my pals say that's there's are not that great either... so I am willing to spend a fair bit if it means I get a decent one that can last me for a while.

Last edited by stringedup; July 27th, 2016 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had very good luck with the Snark tuners, both clip-on and pedal style, and they're very reasonably priced. The Korg Pitchblack and TC Electronic PolyTune pedals are very popular, though they will run you quite a bit more. From what I've read, the "ultimate" tuners are the Peterson strobe tuners, but those are REALLY expensive....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Snark style tuners get my vote.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    I've had very good luck with the Snark tuners, both clip-on and pedal style, and they're very reasonably priced. The Korg Pitchblack and TC Electronic PolyTune pedals are very popular, though they will run you quite a bit more. From what I've read, the "ultimate" tuners are the Peterson strobe tuners, but those are REALLY expensive....
    Snark sounds good will check it out, korg does look good!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Snark style tuners get my vote.
    I have check out the website and seems to be a good range on there... including clip on ones and one chromatic one in one tuner...also i really like the Console tuner that also acts as Metronome...oooo choices choices!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    Agreed. I like my Turbo Tuner, but it was far from cheap. I only got it so that I could actually set my intonation accurately. Plus my old Korg never seemed to like working with my bass for whatever reason.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn