Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Awful quiet around here... so, any Richard Thompson fans?

Thread: Awful quiet around here... so, any Richard Thompson fans?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Awful quiet around here... so, any Richard Thompson fans?

Wow - never seen the Fret so quiet...

I don't think that I've heard any mention of RT here before, tho I could have missed it. I was not familiar with him (except by name) until recently. An amazing guitarist (and song writer and singer). Not only does he have amazing technical chops, but I am constantly surprised by the unexpected musical bends and twists of his solos and licks. They always go somewhere unexpected, unusual and interesting, with a really unique sensibility.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah he is good!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

guitarists guitarist.

a song every motorcycle rider knows...

"red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme" Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kJdrfzjAg

the machine in question!

believe it or not, that's in my friends living room.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

I was digging him way back in his Fairport Convention days. Trendsetting British folk/pop. He is one of the few players around you could say is truly unique.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah