Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Squier Classic Vibe Tele repair

Thread: Squier Classic Vibe Tele repair

Post Thanks / Like

Default Squier Classic Vibe Tele repair

Some weeks ago when I received this guitar it was a looker: threeburst, bound, rosewood,
    but the action was too high for these old hands so I began to make it playable for me.
    I first checked the straightness of the neck and found that the fretboard was not level,
    the truss rod isn't the best and would only allow it to be as level as I could get
    it before it began to back-bow leaving the middle frets still mildly bowed
    but the front and back back-bowed. (Has this happened to anyone else?).
    So I dressed the frets and the result was not good. I bought some fret-stock and pulled the original frets.
    Then I sanded the bare fretboard to level, used a 9.5 radius block for obvious reasons,
    re-fretted and came up with a very playable Tele.
    On the whole I recommend These guitars for quality and price.
    The pups weren't stock, but the Fralins that came with it are spectacular.

s:0)(younger,stronger hands wouldn't need the adjustments I've made)

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I've had one of those since mid-2011 and the neck is great--nice medium-low action and none of that kind of stuff going on. Minor truss rod adjustments for seasonal changes here in upstate NY, but that's about it.

Where did the guitar come to you from? Do you know if it's been properly handled & stored?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks V.man.
    I believe it came from gc or mf. I'm quite happy with it now. Gonna study a bit of Doug Seven and see how it does.
    I gigged with it Saturday evening and it took a bit of playing to settle it in, I'm not used to such a narrow neck.