Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Site is very slow to load the last few days

Thread: Site is very slow to load the last few days

Post Thanks / Like

Default Site is very slow to load the last few days

As in 45 to 60 seconds!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Like the proverbial molasses in January. Robert said it should be fixed in a couple of days. He trundles off to NAMM and the whole place goes to hell...
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The boys are working on a fix. Apologies and hang tight!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Working MUCH better now! "The boys" appear to have succeeded!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Tapatalk support has been broken for a while too.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

And while we're at it, the forum won't let me change my profile pic.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the pic is permanent. You will always look like Jimi here. Hey, ain't that a good thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yeah the pic is permanent. You will always look like Jimi here. Hey, ain't that a good thing?
    Nope, not my avatar pic. Actually, I was wrong--it's my signature pic, not my profile pic. It's the one that appears under the sig in a post--in my case, the shot of my 17 electrics. But I'm up to 20 now and want to update it. It's posted on my website, but the forum here won't allow me to update it.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The permissions on the server has changed and I have to read some documentation to see how it should be set.

20?! What! No way were are letting you brag like that with a photo!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, gimme a break!! I don't use tobacco, take drugs, drink to excess, gamble, chase women, or drive expensive sports cars. Guitars & amps are my only vice, and most of those 20 guitars are inexpensive ($400 or less)! And as Walter Brennan said on The Guns of Will Sonnett back in the late '60s, the new photo is "....no brag, just fact." Besides, Spudman had over 50 last time I knew....

Here's a larger version--I'm just trying to post a little one, 500 pixels wide:

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

12. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice stable of gits Vood. haha Hey, tell me about the git, 6th from the right......just to the left of the purple. Me likey!

Post Thanks / Like

Check the photo uploads now! Should be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Hey, tell me about the git, 6th from the right......just to the left of the purple. Me likey!
    Well, funny you should mention that one, because it's the next thing I'm putting up for sale!

That's a '97 Godin LGX 2000 with amber flame-top finish. Very cool guitar. I picked it up a couple of years back for use in our church praise band (as posted at THIS LINK, including some good close-up photos). Bought it specifically because it has both standard electromagnetic pickups and an under-saddle piezo system for acoustic tones. But the membership in our praise band has changed substantially and I no longer need to be able to play both electric and acoustic, so it's just been collecting dust for the past year+. Would like to see it go to somebody who would really get some use from it, cuz it's a quality instrument. Gorgeous top on it, too! Mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard. It has three output jacks--one for each of the two pickup modes plus a third that allows blending of the two. The volume control for the humbuckers also has a push/pull switch for coil splitting. I think I have an HSC for it in the basement, but I have to check that. I'll be posting it here and on a couple other forums very shortly. Thinking $600 + shipping, assuming I have that case. Otherwise, prolly $550.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Check the photo uploads now! Should be fixed.
    Yep, that did the trick! Thanks, Robert....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Even with a relatively small pic....it looked like a Godin. Sweet, sweet axe! Not my particular cup of tea (electric/acoustic) but a quality axe from a great company.

A few years ago, I had a line on a Godin with P90s that I still kick myself for not making a run at.....c'est la vie.

Good luck with your sale!