Thread: NAMM 2017 Photos

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NAMM 2017 Photos

I had a great time at NAMM. Saw great music - Scott Henderson Trio and saw Kirk Fletcher, Josh Smith, Mark Lettieri, Matt Schofield and many killer jazz players too. It's so awesome to be there every year. The gear is just gear - I'm getting less interested every year... I go mostly for the people and the players.

What did I like the most regarding gear? Hard to say. I actually really liked the Frank Gambaly acoustic by Cort. It's very nice guitar for not a lot of money. The Xotic strats are super cool. Some nice Ibanez semi-hollow body, and the Eastman jazz guitars are sweet. Lunastone Overdrive was stellar, and the Friedman Runt 50 is very sweet.

So I took some photos with my phone only, and I've been posting them on Instagram. I just didn't feel like hauling around my DSLR and go through all the work to edit and share like I did last year. So, with that said, you can go look at the photos I took on my Instagram page.

You DON'T need to have an Instagram account to see the photos.

Here they are - NAMM 2017 Photos

I hope you dig it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics and insights. Funny you mentioned a decreasing interest in gear...same here my end. Was never more willing not to buy another pedal - enjoying my gear, staying away from the hypes :-)))
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

3. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to check those pictures out. Interesting that Cort seems to be partnering with some big-name endorsers.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Hoped you were going to say the Heritage guitars JUMPED out at you. But you didn't so they didn't. Much as I hate trade shows, I would like to attend this sometime.

Heading to instagram now.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Heritage guitars were great! I just didn't play them much. I was there to hang out with some people, but I have played them before and they are stellar.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool pictures. Did you play the Gambale Luxe guitar? What did you like about it? Sells for around $800 US.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that Luxe guitar was really nice! Very easy to play and it sounded fine plugged in. A great choice for a performing artist.