Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Paisley Park

Thread: Paisley Park

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paisley Park

I'm going to the Paisley Park museum with my wife and father-in-law in March. I've always been a Prince fan, and I've seen him live twice. I was hoping for many more opportunities, but he left us too early.

"Paisley Park is Prince’s extraordinary private estate and production complex in Chanhassen, Minnesota. Fans will have the unprecedented opportunity to experience first-hand what it was like for Prince to create, produce and perform inside this private sanctuary and remarkable production complex."

https://officialpaisleypark.com/

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Surprising that it's already open as an attraction.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Marnold, is Paisley Park in your neck of the woods?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been there. My cousins live very close by. Enjoy yourself, Robert.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pete! What else is there to do in Minneapolis? Never been there before.

Post Thanks / Like

Try to not get drool on everything.

Minneapolis in March? Well, it will be warmer than Alberta for sure. Plenty of live music venues to check out. This might help too http://minneapolis.eventful.com/events/march

The Hendrix Experience is March 26 http://www.minneapolis.org/calendar/

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

7. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Marnold, is Paisley Park in your neck of the woods?
    Actually no. I live in NE Wisconsin, about 5-6 hours away. My inlaws live in the Twin Cities. I'd like to visit Paisley Park when we would visit next summer. I've driven past it before, but obviously never been inside.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

9. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pete! What else is there to do in Minneapolis? Never been there before.
    I hate Minnesota in the winter, Robert. I learned my lesson years ago. I was there once when the temps dropped to -27F. That was without the wind chill factored in. Cars are kept garaged and heating elements are put in place of the oil dipsticks to keep the oil from freezing. There are places where people live MILES between each other. Your car could break down and you could drop dead before making it to a neighbor's home.

In the summer. It's standard fare. Mosquitoes, thousands of lakes, and lot's of eats.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

11. Likes Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but Robert is a Swede now living in Canada. They call -27 "Tuesday."
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

13. Likes stingx, Robert**** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have the chance go to listen to Paul Sprawl, it's a friend of mine a great artist which has a haunting style, solo performer he's the real deal
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Jipes, I looked him up and he's playing in New Mexico when I'm in Minneapolis.

Post Thanks / Like

Jipes, I looked him up and he's playing in New Mexico when I'm in Minneapolis.
    Dear Robert if you have te chance go you won't regret it he's truely great he has a particular style very haunting music as solo performer. Give him my best regards, he played several times in my hometown and I even organize a Home concert with him 3 years ago it was great !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know how far it is between Minnesota and New Mexico?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk