Thread: Ladies and Germs, the Fender '51

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ladies and Germs, the Fender '51

I saw this on the Squier '51 modders' forum. There's apparently a Fender Masterbuilt '51 out there. Of course, you could get almost 46 Squier '51s for the price of this one, but still . . . I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they scaled something like this down and made it a production model under the Fender name.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info marnold.
    It appears like a gloss finish on the neck. I like a gloss but I also like the flat or satin finish. I have really been enjoying my '51 lately but I do want to do some mods to it.

Thanks again.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Med-jumbo frets on a vintage radius is pointless. The price of that guitar is beyond ridiculous. Take the stock '51 and get it professionally dressed and crowned and you have a great playing guitar for a fraction of that price. Crazy what people will spend on guitars.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

No tapped humbucker? That's not a '51. Harrumph.

Post Thanks / Like

.........AHA I knew it! And that is exactly what the '51 needs is a 3 saddle Tele bridge! I'd buy one.

Edited to add: Yikes I just noticed the asking price. Why couldn't you guys mod your Squier '51s with a Tele bridge and string through body setup and slap a nice '52 neck on there with medium jumbo frets?
    Last edited by tone2thebone; January 11th, 2007 at 09:47 AM.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Give me an $89 '51!!! And I'll sell you one for $2000!