Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
FS: '97 Godin LGX 2000

Thread: FS: '97 Godin LGX 2000

Post Thanks / Like

Default FS: '97 Godin LGX 2000

** DEAL PENDING **

For sale here is a guitar that I bought a couple of years ago because of its combination of magnetic and piezo pickup systems. I picked it up specifically for use in our church praise band, but the membership in the band has changed substantially and I no longer need to be able to play both electric and acoustic. Consequently, it's just been collecting dust for the past year+. Would like to see it go to somebody who would really get some use from it, cuz it's a quality instrument. Gorgeous flamed maple top, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, and Schaller tuners. It has three output jacks--one for each of the two pickup modes plus a third that allows blending of the two outputs.

The mag pickups are Schaller Tetrad humbuckers, each of which are constructed from a pair of stacked humbuckers, much like many of the noiseless Strat pickups out there. So there are actually four coils in each pickup, hence the name "Tetrad". The bridge pickup is wound "hot" at about 14.5 Kohms, while the neck is a more vintage 7.7K. The pickup selector switch is a 5-way that integrates coil splitting in the two "in-between" positions. The volume control for the humbuckers also has a push/pull switch that engages a passive mid-scoop, which alters the output tone very noticeably, and really brings out top-end sparkle. It's a very useful setting with some of the pickup combos, and less so with others, but it definitely adds some additional voicings to the guitar.

The acoustic sounds are provided by an LR Baggs under-saddle piezo system controlled with sliders for volume, bass, mids and treble on the upper bout. Sounds great by itself, and the blend pot with the magnetic pickups through the third output jack is a very cool feature.

The guitar comes with the original Godin HSC; it has some mileage on it but is still 100% functional.

Price is $600 + FedEx shipping (US & Canada destinations only). PayPal payment required. Contact me by PM if interested.

If you'd like to hear what these pickups sound like, check out these two YouTube videos:

Clean + acoustic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOrNY48LTs

Crunch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55uri3p-Ivg

Photos:

Last edited by duhvoodooman; February 17th, 2017 at 08:20 PM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

so lets talk about this.

you've got humbuckers, but if I understand you correctly it's more accurately 4 stacked p'ups, PLUS the piezo.

The 5 way allows manipulation of the buckers, the push pull adds the mid scoop...all of that is in relation to the buckers only.

THEN you've got the piezo, and to select that you use the toggle. The toggle is a three way allowing you to select output - buckers out - "acoustic" out - or both out.

IF the last option is chosen (both out), you THEN have a blend knob to select the degree of bucker/koostic tones you're hearing.

If wishing to have all these options at your disposal, you would end up with three, count 'em, THREE, cables exiting the guitar.

Do I have this correct?
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

ix-nay on the cable comment. I can see that that would not be necessary.

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidsmoke View Post
    so lets talk about this.

you've got humbuckers, but if I understand you correctly it's more accurately 4 stacked p'ups, PLUS the piezo.
    Correct. Perhaps a bit more specifically, 2 pairs of stacked pickups in each humbucker. So 4 coils per humbucker rather than the usual 2.

The 5 way allows manipulation of the buckers, the push pull adds the mid scoop...all of that is in relation to the buckers only.
    Correct.

THEN you've got the piezo, and to select that you use the toggle. The toggle is a three way allowing you to select output - buckers out - "acoustic" out - or both out.
    See below
    IF the last option is chosen (both out), you THEN have a blend knob to select the degree of bucker/koostic tones you're hearing.
    See below
    If wishing to have all these options at your disposal, you would end up with three, count 'em, THREE, cables exiting the guitar.
    No, you don't need 3 cables! There is a dedicated 'bucker output jack, a dedicated acoustic jack, and a third jack that allows you to blend or switch between the two. The 3-way toggle works only on that third jack. So if you want to either (1) be able to switch back and forth between the two output modes or (2) blend the mag & piezo outputs in whatever ratio you desire, you use that third jack and set the 3-way in the appropriate position (mag/piezo/both).

Do I have this correct?
    You were on a roll there until the end!
    Let me know if any of that is unclear or you have additional questions....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

clear as a bell.

hmmm, this could work. Only concern is how acoustic acoustic sounds.

What do you string it with to maximize all this potential? For example, I'd think a beefy low E would benefit the piezo set up, but that would be heavier, perhaps, than you'd normally go for straight electric.

what's the scale length?

Post Thanks / Like

and why is the site suddenly withholding my posts "until mod approved". That's a new one on me.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying to fix the moderation thing - I think I may have figured out how to turn it off. Sorry about that - hard to find the setting for it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you string it with to maximize all this potential? For example, I'd think a beefy low E would benefit the piezo set up, but that would be heavier, perhaps, than you'd normally go for straight electric.

what's the scale length?
    I just ran my usual set of 10's (10 - 46) on it. They seem to work well for both modes. Scale length is 25.5" (Fender type).

Re: acoustic tone, did you listen to the second part of that first YouTube video link I posted? If you search for "Godin LGX piezo" on YouTube, you can find a couple more examples, I believe.

and why is the site suddenly withholding my posts "until mod approved". That's a new one on me.
    About time they clamped down on you here, Kip!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    I just ran my usual set of 10's (10 - 46) on it. They seem to work well for both modes. Scale length is 25.5" (Fender type).

Re: acoustic tone, did you listen to the second part of that first YouTube video link I posted? If you search for "Godin LGX piezo" on YouTube, you can find a couple more examples, I believe.

About time they clamped down on you here, Kip!

I did listen, but you know how that is...no idea what he's playing through. Could be a Roland cube or something. So much can effect what we hear on youtube. It was definitely acoustic-y relative to the other...

But the set up could work. I run out to a VP, to an AB pedal. A is acoustic, to the house DI. B goes through the pedal chain to my Boogie. See what I did there?

The thing is. like you, I play in a big outfit, 8 piece, and small stages. Having two guitars in stands, with mic stand, pedal board, combo....I have a significant footprint. Last weekend the sound guy moved my stand, a 2 in 1 Hercules, to relocate the monitors. I came back, and hastily grabbed my semi in the cramped quarters....the strap was UNDER the leg. I sent the stand, with acoustic (Larrivee) crashing to the floor, smacking on the top/fretboard. Everything survived. But it could have gone differently. The though that I could have one 600 dollar axe meet the need and limit my footprint has appeal. My guitar plays a role in the band, but it's limited. Featured most prominently on a couple of Acoustic tunes, and lots of electric shuffles (soul band). This could likely fill the bill.

Wheels are turnin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Trying to fix the moderation thing - I think I may have figured out how to turn it off. Sorry about that - hard to find the setting for it.
    thanks Robert...not that big a deal in the scheme of things. Wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong. THANK YOU for taking time to look at it.

Post Thanks / Like

I did listen, but you know how that is...no idea what he's playing through. Could be a Roland cube or something. So much can effect what we hear on youtube. It was definitely acoustic-y relative to the other...
    Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. That's why I suggested checking out a couple more YouTube vids. BTW, there are videos posted there for other LGX models or later versions of the same model after they changed to Duncan humbuckers. But they all use the same Baggs piezo system.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar problem when trying to post on DVMs For Sale Amp that he had. It took my post 1 week until it hit the thread...while waiting for Moderator approval.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    I had a similar problem when trying to post on DVMs For Sale Amp that he had. It took my post 1 week until it hit the thread...while waiting for Moderator approval.
    I figured it out. It's a safety feature installed by the site moderator. Whenever replying Vood, the site automatically suspends your response while you check your account balances and send roses to your significant other.....

Post Thanks / Like

I did all that......

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, since we have some new members of late, I was just saying that I had extensive dealings with Vood over the years (pedals, git and amp) and that his wares are advertised and then some and that he is a pleasure to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Seriously, since we have some new members of late, I was just saying that I had extensive dealings with Vood over the years (pedals, git and amp) and that his wares are advertised and then some and that he is a pleasure to deal with.
    same here. 3 pedals and an (ch)Amp(h). "as advertised" is an understatement.

Post Thanks / Like

This dude's got the Duncans, not the Schallers, but it's a great demo of going from gainey lead to koostic in process....and dude's got chops.

https://youtu.be/BmPQzY30CHM

Post Thanks / Like

same here. 3 pedals and an (ch)Amp(h). "as advertised" is an understatement.
    Well, then--since you've already checked pedals and an amp off the DVM gear acquisition list, you clearly need to buy a guitar from me!

Thanks to you both for your kind words of support!

This dude's got the Duncans, not the Schallers, but it's a great demo of going from gainey lead to koostic in process....and dude's got chops.
    Yeah, good player there. That's a very accurate representation of what the acoustic mode sounds like on my LGX. And he's playing the "gainey" stuff through a Marshall Jubilee, which just might be the best sounding amp Marshall ever made....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

** Deal pending **

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!