Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Zendrive is coming...

Thread: Zendrive is coming...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zendrive is coming...

This one was very long time the no 1 on my wishlist. It's not the cheapest pedal, so I had to give some lessons to afford it.

Will make a video as soon as I have the time.

Someone here who can share some experiences?
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I built an exact circuit clone of the Zendrive a few years back, and I still use it regularly. The Zendrive circuit is a modified Tube Screamer with no input or output buffer, an asymmetric clipping stage, true bypass switching, a simplified tone control, and--it's major innovation, IMO--an added control called "voice". This latter is a very interesting feature since it allows you to roll on more available gain, but simultaneously rolls off bass response, which keeps it from getting too muddy sounding. Pretty ingenious and makes for a very flexible overdrive pedal. Given the relative simplicity of the circuit (see photo below), I'm shocked at what Lovepedal charges for one, but I guess that price inflation is inevitable when a good sounding pedal gets a big reputation.

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Zendrive type pedal that I like quite a bit. Tip - turned up the treble/tone quite a bit to get that Robben style tone.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks, lots of good information. Don't let us talk about the prices.
    Looking forward to experimenting with the Voice poti - can't really imagine, how this will affect the tone...
    Nr.1* Partnervermittlung für Akademiker & Singles mit Format ✓ Wir vermitteln http://www.datewelt.info/sex-kontakte/ Singles mit hohem Bildungsniveau meiden Online-Partnervermittlungen
    Last edited by Jimi75; November 16th, 2019 at 11:10 AM.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Mad Professor Simble Overdrive---based on the Zendrive with a few alterations. As the others have stated, it's a great circuit and gets you into Dumble-esque territory.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrived - tested - packed for resale again - not enough gain on tap - Soul Food is better, not as boxy sounding.
    Over and out.

7. Likes Spudman*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    Arrived - tested - packed for resale again - not enough gain on tap - Soul Food is better, not as boxy sounding.
    Over and out.
    Now THAT is a product review!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that the Zendrive didn't meet your needs, Jimi. Yeah, it doesn't have tons of gain--it's a modified Tube Screamer, after all--but I'm kind of surprised that it didn't do the job even with your SG's humbuckers.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was surprised, too. The sound lost quite a bit of dimension was extremely boxy and lifeless. I am very picky these days, because I don't wanna break the incredible sound chain of the Two Rock and Vemuram - so talk: None of my pedals shall sound like a pedal ;-)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you try turning up the treble a lot? That's what robben does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.