Thread: My new 50s Tribute Les Paul (Gary Moore Tribute)

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new 50s Tribute Les Paul (Gary Moore Tribute)

Before no one is gonna post something...let me try to entertain you wit ha fresh clip of my still new Gibson 50s Tribute Les Paul.
    I came along with some Gary Moore inspired licks and so I decided to dedicate this short little clip to the man himself.

https://youtu.be/_-eE42Q-T-U
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice tribute. I always liked much of Gary's material. Found he could be a bit bombastic but when he was at his melodic best he was amazing. Love that guitar too. Looks like a nice ride. Easy to play? Tuning stability? My LP Standard is a sweetheart but has that G string binding thing that never quite goes away. Anyway, sure looks like a nice LP.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

^ Thanks! Yeah the LP is extremely easy to play. Tuning stability is quite good as well. What amazes me the most are the PUs. I was quite sure I was gonna change them, but changed my mind within the first minutes I played this guitar.

You're right - Gary was a little over the top sometimes - I once saw him live and at certain parts it was overwhelming. Nonetheless, when he shifted into melodic gear it was something very special.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Love that guitar, Jimi. You're playing is very soothing. Just awesome.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great! Tell me more about that guitar. Where is it made?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed that, Jimi. I agree with you on the pickups. They sound like keepers.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks my friends! The guitar seems like perfect out of the box.
    @Robert: It's a US made Gibson. The PUs are Gibson's own 490s (R&T). Other than that the guitar is pretty basic, no bindings and other "bling bling". It's a highly enjoyable instrument.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet playing Jimi and the guitar sounds super.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

As always Jimi it sounds very nice and warm !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beautiful playing and wonderful tone. This guitar sure looks and sounds like a keeper!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Beautiful playing and wonderful tone. This guitar sure looks and sounds like a keeper!
    Thanks! Yeah it's a keeper - no doubt. The best LP I ever had.