Thread: NAD - Marshall Vintage Modern Combo

Post Thanks / Like

Default NAD - Marshall Vintage Modern Combo

Hey friends,

Although my Two Rock is the indisputable king of my tone, I was fed up of moving the amph every week for rehearsal. Weshare the room with another band and leaving the TR there is no option.

A good friend offered me his VM for a price I couldn't deny....
    There we go...

Intended to be a Tube Screamer demo, this turned out to be Marshall playing fun :-))
    https://youtu.be/D0fgxFVqqFI

https://youtu.be/VT5yDSMMvq8
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

2. Likes dougpg, stingx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds really good! I guess I was unaware of that amph previously. Since it's a 50W 2x12 does it have to get ear-bleedingly loud before you get Marshall crunch?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

It has a really well working master volume.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Man you're sound good on everything, I bet if you would play through a boombox or a Ghetto Blaster you would still rocks
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot my friend, appreciate your kind words. You know, as soon as playing fun comes into play I kinda lose my accuracy, wish I would be more disciplined ;-))

Post Thanks / Like

I love that LP, man. Those Tribute series LPs are just killer. Love mine to bits. Very nice demos. I noticed you have the same tastes as I. Same color strats with same colored pickguards, to name a couple.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hey it's nice to know someone with the same taste :-) These Tribute LPs are tone monsters. They also sound very transparent, which gives them a different character than the other heavier LPs. In the end it doesn't matter what the price tag says, those cheaper LPs kick some severe butt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    Oh Man you're sound good on everything, I bet if you would play through a boombox or a Ghetto Blaster you would still rocks
    +1 - you and Robert make whatever you pick up sound great!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot!!!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work. That's an amp I wouldn't mind having. They are very cool and versatile.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.