Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Brian Krashpad - any news?

Thread: Brian Krashpad - any news?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brian Krashpad - any news?

I was wondering if anyone's heard from Brian lately - hoping that he is doing OK.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Krash is doing well. I am Facebook friends with Krash and so I see a lot of his posts. Healthwise, careerwise and most importantly, git-wise he is doing well. If you are on FB, you can friend him.

3. Likes Spudman*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Pie - I'm not a facebooker, so I appreciate your update!

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Thanks, Pie - I'm not a facebooker, so I appreciate your update!
    I'm good thanks! Managed to gig Crash Pad a couple times in between operations (had jaw rebuilt, then complications) last year. We had a bandmember move unexpectedly, and between that and work have had a tough time getting the main band back on the boards.

Recently (about 3 weeks ago now) I played a reunion gig with the band I was in in 1989-90!

Here's a viddy (not sure if you can see it if you're not on fb), I don't really do anything but play rhythm on this song, but you can see I'm still alive. Also, fast forward through the first half of it, it's a long spoken intro:
    https://www.facebook.com/millerworks...4254521886150/

I've been playing banjo and mandolin with an Irish band too:

Also in process of firing up my old friend's performance art collective, which has been on hiatus for about a year after he got married.

I'll be up in Jacksonville tomorrow for pre-op stuff at Mayo Clinic, have one more operation at the end of this month, supposed to make my neck look slightly less grotesque. We'll see how successful that is.

And I'm doing fine gear-wise. Ended up buying 3 Epi LPs last year, a Special, a Junior, and a Deluxe. Am considering an old Hagstrom Swede, but if I go for that I'll probably sell something I currently have. Also I've gotten a total of 3 of the old Marshall JCM 800 Series solid state combos, in the above video I'm playing a mini-stack of 2 of them (the Les Paul is the Deluxe).

Here's the current guitar stable:

Short version: I'm doing OK! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Krash - good to hear from you and to know that you are doing well. Good luck with the final surgery!

Ted

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you Brian!

You still have more than twice as many guitars as me. Keep on rocking!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see your face in the place, Brian! And I can still tell my wife that there are TWO guys on TheFret (you & Spud) that have more guitars than me!! Not that that gets me much slack....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice collection, Brian. Best of luck and fond wishes,
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear things are going well.
    Do you still have the Sovtek Mig?
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear from you, Brian! Is the latest surgery mainly cosmetic or is there more to it?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see that you're back in good shape, wish you all the best and tons of great times ! I love your Guild guitar is it a Muddy Waters early bird model or a Reissue ?
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, Brian. It's nice to see you're doing well and still playing! If you remove all bass guitars from your picture I have now as many guitars as you

Take care.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Nice to hear things are going well.
    Do you still have the Sovtek Mig?
    I still have the Tube Midget, yes. It needs a re-tube though. That's why I played that reunion gig with the Marshall mini-stack.

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Great to hear from you, Brian! Is the latest surgery mainly cosmetic or is there more to it?

It's technically cosmetic, I could go home at the end of the day and wasn't in-patient. They removed part of the pectoral muscle in my neck. Unfortunately it's still kinda grotesquely large, they couldn't take any more without risking killing the transplant. Meaning I'll probably have them do another debulking in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    Great to see that you're back in good shape, wish you all the best and tons of great times ! I love your Guild guitar is it a Muddy Waters early bird model or a Reissue ?
    It's the DeArmond re-issue called the Jet Star.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear from you, Krash. Praying for good health in the future.

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Glad to hear from you, Krash. Praying for good health in the future.

Ta Rev. Hope you, and all here, are doing well!