Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hey, new to the forum

Thread: Hey, new to the forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, new to the forum

Hello hello from Massachusetts. New to the forum and hoping to learn some new things (mainly what to replace my Line 6 with lol). I used to play all the time back in the day but then adult life got in the way. Picked it back up this year. My "collection" consists of 2 Schecters, Omen Extreme and Synyster Standard, and a BC Rich Tripp Eisen signature series Wave

2. Likes dougpg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to TheFret. I really like the looks of the bluish Schecter. What pups do you have in there?

Tell us about your Line6 and why you want to replace it. Do you want/need more or less power? Do you use pedals with the Line6 and if so, which ones? Gigging or bedroom playing only?

4. Likes dougpg liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! What music are you into?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Welcome to TheFret. I really like the looks of the bluish Schecter. What pups do you have in there?

Tell us about your Line6 and why you want to replace it. Do you want/need more or less power? Do you use pedals with the Line6 and if so, which ones? Gigging or bedroom playing only?
    It has schecter diamond plus pups in it that are splittable. They actually sound really good for stock pups and they make the guitar super versatile.

The Line6 is a 75W Spider III that I've had for 10 or 11 years. The clean channels aren't bad, the features are nice, but any of the dirty channels sound awful. I've been making it work with a Sounblox Pro distortion pedal from Source Audio.

It's entirely bedroom playing right now, gigging isn't in the near future. I can't decide if I want to try another modeling amp or one of the lower-end solid state marshalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Welcome! What music are you into?
    That is a long list, indeed. If you put my library on shuffle you could get John Mayer, DMX or Metallica. But lately it's been a lot avenged sevenfold, buckethead, parkway drive and Brian Setzer.

7. Likes Robert****, dougpg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love the (semi) pointies! Or, at least, I do!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

9. Likes dougpg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Gotta love the (semi) pointies! Or, at least, I do!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Same. The strat/super strat shape is probably my favorite

11. Likes dougpg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For an amp, I would recommend something from either the Blackstar ID-TVP series or the Boss Katana series. Both are well-regarded amps with good cleans and respectable higher gain sims. The ID-TVP series sounds like a super boost when you engage the TVP.

13. Likes northshore4runner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome on board !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

15. Likes northshore4runner liked this post